Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tote Extravaganza

 Inspired by my header...I finally got around to making myself a little purse/tote bag. I had a houndstooth jacket that I got at the D.I. about a year ago. It was unfortunately cropped, so I didn't buy it for wearing. But the fabric was just too great to pass up. It is a heavy & thick knit material. I cut up the jacket and paired it with a contrasting floral on the inside and the embellishment flower. I kept the selvage on the flower just for fun. (Some selvages are SO pretty!)  I love the harsh houndstooth print with the soft floral. And when I get sick of the flower, it is removable!

 
 With flower



 without flower

Caroline's old scripture bag that I made her was on the ghetto side. So I made this one for her birthday yesterday. She loves this color of green and I am loving houndstooth, so this one was rather fun.

4 comments: