Thursday, February 11, 2010

Homemade Ugly Dolls (or Monster Dolls)

These are so colorful and fun. Your imagination is your only limitation. I had so much fun making these 'fake' Ugly Dolls for my kids for Christmas. They were relatively easy for how cute they turned out-and much cheaper than the real thing. I just made shapes up for the dolls themselves-using the real Ugly Dolls for inspiration. You can cut out any kind of shape out of any color and add whatever details you want on the face. I used different colors in different kinds of fleece for the bodies. My favorite was the green fleece which turned out kind of knappy. I used embroidery floss & felt for the faces, and some ric-rac trim for some of the embellisments. The kids love them and have given them each a name.

position: center

1 comment:

  1. Where is Gus's ugly doll? very cute. very impressive.

    ReplyDelete